Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living for the Weekend

So I've always heard that it's really sad and almost pathetic to live for the weekend. And let me explain my perception of "living for the weekend". When I get in the office on Monday morning my countdown for Friday has already begun. And I get into work early. I have never been more thankful for Wednesday, my midweek intermission before there is only 2 more days until the weekend. Thursday happy hours are tempting, but I will forgo it to enjoy Friday's that much more. Friday happy hours no longer entice me with their food specials. Sometimes I just want that cold drink to hit my lips and thus beginning my weekend.
But the thing is I don't want to live for the weekend. It's really sad to me, and I don't want to be at a job that will give me that mindset. However I AM now at such a job, so I'm guessing I need a change of attitude towards my job. Easier said than done.

Things currently distracting me from work: Twitter (my newfound friend), Facebook, bank accounts (yes, bank accounts which I will check daily) and Flickr.
I'm sure there are more to come.

2 comments:

pinktsoufa said...

and yes. i've already lost my desire to blog about Europe. Rest assured that Germany, southern France, Switzerland and ALL of Italy was wonderful.

Unknown said...

the devil made "work" (i guess due to adam) so people like you will get drunk and sin more...siiiiiick..he is good...really good.