Monday, January 5, 2009

Goin in Blind 2009

I knew most people would probably have a reflective post filled with crossed-off items on a list, unmarked lists or deep thoughts of what could've been. I really didn't want to have to think about what to post. Most of the time I just want to write about random things that come to mind. *ahem* Please keep reading our blog. We're not shallow people!!

I guess most of 2008 was a blur except for my wedding, last Chang's graduation from high school ushers in the empty next at the Chang household and last but not least - travels galore. I know it's good to be reflective and introspective so you are able to set future goals (right?), but I feel like so much is riding on 2009 - it's hard for me to think about what's happened in 2008. I guess for the better part of the past year, apart from the eggciting, unpredictable adventure of marriage, I have been deciding what I want to do with my life and career. I knew James' 3 year slavery to investment banking was coming to an end. I knew I didn't like my job at that point. But I didn't know the economy was going to self-destruct nor did I know that James would be applying to grad school. So most of that time was spent waiting for our backpacking trip to end so that I could look for another job or do something else. We still wanted to move to the Bay Area or move somewhere out of Texas. That's all I knew.

Well here is 2009, and I feel like after a little over a year I still don't know what's going to happen next. James has applied to schools all over the country, and he doesn't hear back until March-ish - right (directed towards husband)? So where will we be 8 months from now? What will I be doing? Who knows. It's just weird to be stuck in the "in-between" for so long. So I look forward to 2009 and all that it brings - our next destination, Obama's first term, being an aunt (sister-in-law is due any day now), etc.

Andrea Mertz said it best: "Lookin' fine in 2009"

5 comments:

King Amy said...

i get backgrounds from "cutest blog on the block" they are free but they put an advertisment in the top corner of your page...follow the instrcutions on the their website or call me on saturday...its really easy...

King Amy said...

also, i love how much fun you ahve with your last names...

pink tsou fa

thats what chi said...

you are funny! :)

King Amy said...

p.s.s. i love your picture header...its so fun and different...but it might be a bit much to put a busy background with it...just a thought...i like it the way it is! :)

also, i realize i look like a stalker freak...its okay...just dont tell anyone!

Becky said...

hey, we're planning to move to the bay area this summer. then we can continue to live in the same city and not see each other! hahahaha...

pinktsoufa said...

becky - we are destined for it!
i hope we end up in sf!!