Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mix Tapes

Maybe it's because we've been traveling a lot lately and listening to "Hip Hop Car", an affectionately named playlist on Lupe (James' iPod) or because I considered making my friend Kelly a "mixtape" for her birthday last week and then realized that was so 1999 (or later, I don't remember...). But I've been reminiscing about how I used to burn cds for people all the time. Or when I was in junior high and would record songs from the radio on my tape. TLC and Alanis Morissette...awww yeaaaa. But people don't do that anymore, right?*

Well I have been thinking about what I'd put on my ultimate mixtape, and now that we can burn even more songs on one single cd, this has made my life much easier and my decision making process a lot faster. Here's a preview of what I'd think about adding (I LOOOOOVE lists on my blog..):

1. TLC - Creep
2. Mariah Carey - something from Daydream, Emancipation
3. Fuel - Shimmer
4. Sublime - What I Got, Pawn Shop, 40 oz to Freedom, Santeria, April 29, 1992 (Miami)
5. one or two Tom Petty's
6. three or four Beyonce's
7. Jay-Z - a couple from his Unplugged album
8. Alanis Morissette - some Jagged Little Pill songs
9. Amos Lee
10. John Legend
11. Sandra McCracken
12. Notorious B.I.G.
13. The Format

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'm leaving some off. What would you put?

RANDOM - I totally redid this blog so that I could include James on here. I even spent like..a lot of time..making the picture at the top of this page - and most know that I am NOT technologically saavy (so you can guess how long it took me) - and he hasn't blogged since.


*actually the last time I did it was for my wedding gift to the guests..

4 comments:

Becky said...

you can make a mixtape on favtape.com and share it with everybody. that way you don't have to buy a spindle of cd-rs. :)

http://favtape.com/

Marco said...

this seems to be fitting...
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/mp3/9bd7/

tshaw said...

whitney houston - i have nothing
pussycat dolls - jai ho
brad paisley and alison kraus or whatever - whiskey lulabye or however u spell that
et. cetera.
...

tshaw said...

george strait and lee ann womack - good news, bad news

listen to the lyrics..