Monday, March 9, 2009

random thoughts as of late...

It's really annoying when older, bigger ladies crowd right behind you at the baggage carousel in baggage claim and then say, "Oh! That's mine!" while looking at you dead in the eye as you turn around to see who said that. Why can't they just nicely ask you to get their bag for them? Passive aggressiveness wins. (shared by the husband)

I really miss corporate worship at City of Refuge since we've been out of town for the past month or so. I remember when I just wanted to hear the right songs that would put me in the right mood, but you never know what song is going to be sung at our services, and a lot of the times I don't know them. But I love watching the Barnes family, Wendy on stage and Sandra with her tambourine. Even if I don't know the song they just look so happy worshipping that I know God's presence is there.

My junior high girls from youth group have been coming to church on Sundays almost regularly, last time I checked before my month hiatus. This past Wednesday at youth group I deliberately told them I wanted to take them out to lunch after service on Sunday. None of them showed up yesterday.

Number 3 leads me to www.fmylife.com which is a blog that has been repeatedly referenced and suggested to me. I read it regularly at work knowing that some of it is probably not real and most are rather vulgar, but I still laugh at the stories.

When I watch ABDC sometimes I think to myself, "Oh yea, I can probably do that if I really tried and exaggerated my movements". But then I try and fail miserably and just look really weird. I need to YouTube some more videos before I try learning again.

Our neighbor snores really loudly, and after I snooze my alarm in the mornings he's all I can hear through the walls.

James claims that I regularly lose to him in Rock, Paper, Scissors. This was brought to my attention after we were trying to decide where we should eat (or something like that), and I said if I win, then...etc. And then he told me, no that's unfair because I have an advantage over you. I always beat you. Of course I disagreed, we played and then I lost. But I demanded a best out of 3 of the best out of 3, and he declined. So is he really right?

That made me remember that yesterday when we were playing ultimate frisbee with some random friends I paired up with a girl to decide which team we'd be playing on. I threw a paper and she a rock, and then I said YES! And this is how our conversation went:
Her: Wait, did you win?
Me: Yea, I was the paper.
Her: Oh really? Oh ok. Well some people play that the rock smashes the paper.
Me: What? No way, I've never heard of that. I'm pretty sure the paper beats the rock.
You be the judge.

I've been trying to think of something more meaningful to post. Something that might require more thought, but nothing's come up.

5 comments:

King Amy said...

i agree...

scissors cut paper
paper covers rock
rock smashes(?) scissors

also, how fun that ya'll play ultimate frisbee!! i was just talking about that today...evidently there is some UF league in houston! who knew?! if ya'll ever need another player, let me know...not that I am good but I do come up with good team names etc!!

p.s. i liked this post! it was funny and random and made me laugh...i like that fmylife.com too!

Becky said...

it helps to act out the paper, rock, scissors domination. you know, use your scissors to cut the other person's paper, use your paper to cover the other person's rock and use your rock to smash the other person's scissors. then they won't question you. :)

Unknown said...

tell them paper's already flat.

lawrence out.

jamingsi said...

“I like the game rock paper scissors but 2/3rds. Like Rock beats Scissors. Oh man, these scissors are all bent I cant cut with them, you win. Or Scissors beats Paper. This paper is cut into strips it’s useless I cant write on it, you win. Then, Paper beats Rock….Rock is fine! There is no structural damage to rock. Rock can break through paper whenever it wants. Paper sucks. It should be Rock, Explosives with a cuttable wick, Scissors.” -dm

pinktsoufa said...

jamingsi - umm how about you make a real post?