Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a new decade

10 years ago I had almost had my license for a year and was about to get my own car, unknown to me, in about 5 months. I thought high school was the best years I'd ever have - I had THAT much fun with my friends. I had yet to go on a first date, yet to be kissed, but I did have good ole cellie - same number to this day. Well man times have changed. 10 years later I am married, I've moved halfway across the country, and I'm wondering when the best years of my life will be (though college gave high school a run for its money). However I am glad that some things never change. I was so sad that the greatest blizzard of the past decade had hit Wichita Falls on our way home, and we were literally closed off from the city, but we finally made it on Christmas Day. That night we had hot pot with my fam in Wichita Falls followed by an invigorating session of Blackjack in which Mark was the banker:


I think everyone had fun until it got to the point when people were laying down bets to flip the highest card. Sigh. Good times. Here's my extended fam at their best:


Then we had a snowball fight with the best gear we could find:










Classy.


So yea, I'm thankful that these things don't change. We also spent some time in Houston and didn't get to see AS many people as we'd hoped, but got to spend good time with family too. Looking forward to a new year and a new decade hopefully starting off with a big W.
See y'all in Pasadena. Hook 'em!!

1 comment:

melody said...

whoo new post!

HOOK 'EM!!!