Thursday, January 21, 2010

Up in the Air

We recently went to watch Up in the Air by Jason Reitman. It was a great movie. I "oh my gosh, yes"ed at every single comment George Clooney made when he was coaching Anna Kendrick (who looked so cute at the Golden Globes!) on which line to choose when going through security. I am by no means a master traveler, but I have gone through more airport security in the past 6 months of new employment than I'd ever really care to. So he picks apart every type of traveler from a traveling mom with kids (which I am always very impressed and sympathetic) to old people and opts for Asians who are very efficient. I actually felt a sense of pride at that moment, because yes, I really do try to be efficient when I'm going through security. The following are non-negotiables. Everyone should be prepping:

1. Yes, you have to take off every type of outerwear. Including bf sweaters/large cardigans.
2. Why are you wearing lace-ups instead of easily slipped on/off shoes?
3. If you don't know that you need to take your lap top out of the bag at this point....
4. Men: remove your belts! (in the most proper way possible)
5. Keep clear baggy easily accessible, your shoes don't have to be in bins....be patient.

In other news...

For girls who are "squatters" over the john, do y'all hate the auto flushers that flush too hard? I feel like you have to be extra fast (I'll spare the details of being fast at what) so droplets don't get on you. Sorry if that's gross, but typically airport toilets are like this, so it made me think of it.

Pedestrians, do you try to cross the street when it's your right of way extra fast even if the countdown hasn't started cause you know the car turning right hates you for taking your time?

If you're shopping for something online do you want it a bit less if there's a lot of stock available versus something that you see is sold out in sizes you wear? For example, I really want a pair of rain boots lately (considering it's been raining for the past 5 days) and the beige color is available, but the black, blue and purple are sold out. I like the beige, I could deal with beige, but I think subconsciously I don't want it cause it's available. I'm weird.

Til my next random thought...

2 comments:

King Amy said...

you are so random...haha

i guess i'll have to see the movie...also,(as a pedestrian) I usually run across the street but it's not out of curtosy for the other drivers, mostly out of my feeling of "this could be totally dangerous!"

:) love your posts

Ingram Gang said...

You are funny and accurate! I like both.