Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Month in Cooking

Just a couple things I've (James) been cooking this month and trying to learn:

Beef Noodle Soup: Jen says it was just ok, but I thought I did a pretty decent job for my first try. Did you know that the only/main difference between Schichuan and Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soups is Dou Ban Jiang (Hot Bean Sauce) and Schichuan peppercorns? Kinda interesting.




I made this for Valentine's day. Dungeness Crab Cakes with Lemon Aioli, Red Pepper Soup w Crab, and Parmesan Crusted Scallops over Zucchini. Kinda burned the crab cakes a little and the Zucchini secreted some water in the cooking process that I didn't expect, but outside of that it was pretty tasty.
Garlic Roasted Crab (below) and Garlic Noodles (not shown): This was delicious. The famous places here in SF ie Crustacean, PPQ, Thanh Lang though delicious are severely overpriced. Not hard to make and really good eating. I made this for Jen for our 2 year anniversary. Time flies when you're eating good food with the woman you love.


If anyone wants any of these recipes or knows of any great recipes or improvements I could make please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

tshaw said...

yumm

melody said...

nomNOMnom..

"Time flies when you're eating good food with the woman you love."

awww, jaime! hehehe.