Wednesday, March 17, 2010

wait·ing  

When I looked up the definition of "wait" there were five listed. The one I feel is our current state is number 3 on the list: to remain neglected for a time. I always think that patience is something God is always trying to teach me or rather something I'm needing to learn and improve upon. And if there is anything I'm really bad at, waiting would be in the top five. I wonder how Sarah or Job or the Israelites felt when they waited for what seemed like forever to me. I must suck at waiting compared to them. Here is a list of the Top 5 things I don't like waiting for, I suppose in no particular order:

1. Traffic
2. Seating in packed restaurants
3. Service at the local DMV
4. Open seating at a crowded blackjack table
5. Husband's next step in life (as well as mine..)

Interestingly enough, number 5 on the list of definitions is to look forward to eagerly. I guess I could always choose the latter, but for now, waiting just sucks.

That's all folks!

3 comments:

beaster said...

what about:
6. waiting at the post office
7. waiting in line to pee
8. waiting for 12pm EST for Gilt sales to start?

melody said...

"that's all folks!" porky pig? pig is your chinese zodiac sign? any correlation? me trying too hard?

happy 22nd! :)

pinktsoufa said...

i'm gonna guess that beaster is bestos?? yes to all three. the refresh button never works fast enough..